Topic

North Lake to South Lake Loop – July 25th

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips North Lake to South Lake Loop – July 25th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James Block

@jsblock11

Locale: Southern California

I have a permit for 4 people leaving North Lake in the eastern Sierra (west of Bishop) on July 25th for either 3 or 4 nights. This trip has been on my list for awhile now. I usually go solo but I had a great time with some SoCal BPL'ers on a recent trip so I booked a few extra spots on the permit to see if there is interest. 50 mile loop on trail planned for 3 nights solo but we'd be permitted for 4 nights just in case, I stay on well traveled trails if I'm going solo but the trip could definitely add mileage and an extra night with off trail adventures.

I've always heard this described as a must do Sierra hike, with 3 11K ft+ passes and beautiful lakes, Evolution Valley, etc. Let me know if you are interested! I'll be heading up from North County San Diego on the morning of July 24th to acclimate, hike around a bit and camp near the trailhead.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

If you are doing the standard Evolution Valley trip, entering over Piute Pass and exiting over Bishop Pass, then you might find it to be about 55 miles. Yes, three or four nights is about right.

–B.G.–

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools