Topic

Golite clearance items at ccoutdoorstore.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite clearance items at ccoutdoorstore.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

Just a few examples of their closeouts:

Golite wisp wind shirt $30

reed pants $40

dome umbrella $20

poncho tarp $30

also a decent selection of other gear that could be considered lightweight.

http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com/cccloseouts.html

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the Reed Pants. Waist size should fit; but I have to lose weight back to a medium. Should be able to adjust the waist size down with the elastic waist strap. But, will have to shorten them though.

Rich

Greg Vaillancourt

@gsv45

Locale: Utah

CCoutdoorstore.com has told me twice that a sleeping bag I ordered will ship "today" and that I'd get an email from Fed-Ex confirming this.

No emails and the bag still hasn't shipped. If I don't have it after this week I'm cancelling the order and sicking PayPal on them.

They like taking your money but shipping product is another matter.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

I had quite a problem with them myself. In my case, most (not all) of it was Integral Designs promising C&C one thing and then not delivering.

The other thing that really gets me about C&C are, in a few cases, the absolutely ridiculously inflated PRICES that are NOW ON SALE for more than i could purchase that same product elsewhere at their normal price.

I've decided never to do business with them again.

Also, don't waste your time & money calling them, or even leaving a message – they never answer, nor did they ever call me back.

They are pretty good at returning emails though – with more promises (which, again, are probably only what they themselves are being told).

I have more on C&C in a "Reader Review" which turns out to be, almost, a never ending saga of updates on my most recent purchase from them.

They did want me to let everyone here in the BPL Forums know that they are committed to becoming the Premier Integral Designs Retailer in the USofA and plan to stock larger qty. of ID gear so as not to run out of stock.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

How many days has it been since the phone call?

Randy K

@roosterk

Locale: SW OK

I guess I may be the exception here. I read all the poor reviews, but couldn't pass up a GoLite poncho for 27 bucks, although the shipping was fairly high at $7. Anyhow, I ordered Monday, 2/5, at 6:21 pm, and was notified today by fedex that it had been shipped. I'll post again when I get the order…..now that I've bragged on the guys, I'll probably end up with the wrong stuff…..
    roosterk

Gail Lusk

@alohatink

Locale: In the Middle of No Where!

Aloha Everyone,
    For my first post I hated it to be so negative….but this company failed me on my JMT hike in Oct '06

I had ordered my gaitors, trekking poles, and a few other items and had them shipped 4 months in advance to an address I would be at in California for pickup there when I arrived.

Imagine my surprise when nothing had arrived…not even a email or anything during that 4 months to let me know they had NEVER even shipped the items!!!

They had all my info and plenty of time…thank goodness a REI store was close by.
    I personally am very disappointed with the customer service from this company.

Larry Hostetler
    Spectator

@hoss

I had an almost bad experience with these guys and thought I would pass on two hints. I had ordered some gear from them using my citi credit card that allows me to generate a new secure number for each online purchase with both amount and time limits. After not hearing from them I email and asked what gives. They quickly emailed back stating my card refused their billing. (There is first hint, use email, it documents correspondance and they seem to answer it) I guess they were waiting for me to say something.

Talking with my bank they indicated C&C had already posted the charge and were attempting to post it again. My seperate credit card number and limits prevented it. C&C claimed otherwise and refused to ship the gear. My bank said only C&C could remove the hold but C&C claimed there was nothing they could do. I was not about to let them charge my card twice so after multiple emails overs several days and two calls to my bank I finally cancelled my order. So far nothing has cleared my bank on the charges so maybe I lucked out.

Second hint is use a similar credit card arrangement if possible. You can only be charged whatever you permit.

Caveat emptor!

Larry

paul johnson

@pj

Larry, "Shop-Safe" is great. I used to use it all the time with MBNA, e.g. with PayPal, and some OnLine Retailers that i was unfamiliar with (i think i even used it with BPL the first time i ordered from them! foolish me!).

Unfortunately, BOA, which bought MBNA (a very sad day in banking, as thus far in my experience BOA and C&C could be owned by the same crew), doesn't seem to offer "Shop-Safe".

Thomas Knighton

@tomcat1066

Locale: Southwest GA

I always use my Visa check card, since it has the Visa fraud protection on it. Thus far, I haven't had to use it, but verified it was there when a company I had ordered some stuff from turned out to have a history of not delivering. Amazingly, I got my stuff though. Still, it's some serious piece of mind to NOT have to sweat it!

Tom

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

A little off thread, but if you really cant get your product, you can call visa and reverse the charges. This automatically starts an investigation wherein they try to contact the company to resolve. In my case it was for two sleeping bags months overdue. I got refunded almost $400. Unfortunately the bad company got to keep their money and visa ate the cost. But its good to know this is a last resort.

Thomas Knighton

@tomcat1066

Locale: Southwest GA

Brett,

That was the fraud protection I was talking about. Visa's definately my first choice for online purchases…well that and Paypal.

Tom

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

PJ:

I used to carry MBNA Visa for use in overseas travels. At the time, MBNA only levied a 1% surcharge on foreign charges. Unfortunately, the evil B of A bought out MBNA and promptly jacked up the surcharge to 4%!!!

Greg Vaillancourt

@gsv45

Benjamin,

It has been 2 days since the phone call but only 2 hours since the last email saying it is shipping out "now".

Normally I use American Express. I couldn't be happier with the way they will go to bat for you.

Amex will even replace defective or stolen merchandise within 90 days of purchase.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I have to give C&C an A on handling my order for the Golite Reed Pants.

I ordered on-line 2/6. I promptly received an email saying the order would be delivered, via Fed Ex on 2/8. 2/8 at 4:30 I had the product.

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Richard,

I should be so lucky. I ordered my Golite Reed Pants online at 0945 PST on 2/6 and all I got from C & C is confirmation of the order. No information has been updated on the order and as far as I can tell they have not been packed or shipped.

Rich

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Speaking of C&C.

I made an order over a month ago for the Reed pants.
    When I ordered them it did not say they were on back-order.
    Since they say on there website that they answer there emails every day I sent them an email asking about it. They email back saying that they had come that day.
    Since the smalls were the only thing they had on sell, I made my order for the small. In the email I asked if they were getting mediums in and got back a "Yes" reply.
    The next day I got an email saying that there are sorry for me having canceled there order.

When I emailed them back asking why, (twice), I got no reply.

Now they only have larges for sale for 1/2 price, so I ordered 1. Well see if it takes another month to get here?

Greg Vaillancourt

@gsv45

Maybe PJ is correct as this was an Integral Designs bag I've been waiting for.

Still, when you have someone on the phone telling you your order will ship that day I expect it to ship. It didn't.

Caveat Emptor.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Well, every time we place an order — and especially a repeat order — we send a clear message to the seller that things are "good enough" for us.

Boggles my mind why anyone would place an order, get screwed, get angry, then turn right around to place another order???

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Hi Ben,

When I placed my order for the Golite Reed Pants, I was unaware of the problems with C&C. What is amazing to me is that I placed my order early in the Day on 2/6 the same day that Richard placed his order and he received a confirmation of shipment from FEDEX the same day and received them today (he is in California as is C&C).

To show how a good supplier works by comparison, I ordered my OR Ion from REI Outlet on Saturday, 2/3. REI indicated that the estimated date of arrival in Eastern PA would be 2/12. I received an e-mail from REI on 2/7 indicating that the OR Ion was shipped via USPS with the tracking number. Shipping for the order was 5.99. The shipping price from C&C for the Reed Pants via FEDEX Ground was 8.95. As it turns out the OR Ion from REI (I presume coming from Seattle???) arrived today in the mail at about noon. So the order shipped for less money and arrived 4 days earlier than REI had estimated.

Rich

paul johnson

@pj

Greg, You actually spoke to someone via telcon?!! Lucky you. I tried several times, burning up monthly Cell minutes, only to get a recorded announcement and NEVER a call back.

The way i started receiving MANY (and i mean MANY) email communications from them (AND VERY, VERY quick responses to my emails) was to inform them that i participate in the BackpackingLight.com Forums, and that we DISCUSS and RATE both Gear on Companies on their Cust. Srv. No threats. Just facts. Let them read what they want into them.

It was ID that was probably feeding C&C a line in some of the email communicatons i rcv'd fr/C&C. I know that they did this to BCG (BackCountryGear.com) a few years ago. ID, as far as BCG told me, strung us along for four months.

I didn't like the fact that they said something would ship when they didn't even have it in stock, nor, apparently, had they yet contacted ID to order an eVENT Crysallis for me. Just tell me like it is. Possible worst case: they'll lose one order, i.e. mine. Feed me lines and maybe i won't recommend them to others and they lose multiple orders from others. Penny wise and pound foolish, IMO.

I still dislike C&C's practice of occasionally listing grossly inflated regular prices and then having a SALE where the price is at or above the normal price sold by other non-bargain online retailers. I think such business practices speak volumes about a business person's ethics or lack there of – as the case may be. It's sort of like the tip of the iceberg. There's very likely more of the same under the surface that has yet to be seen. It makes me wonder what level of Cust Srv i'd rcv. in the event of a problem, exchange, or return.

Brett .

@brett1234

edit sold

Marion Watts
    BPL Member

@mdwattsjr

Just sent you a PM, Brett.

Brett .

@brett1234

..sorry must have missed it somehow; looking again.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Well,
    I still haven't received my shipping confirmation for now the 2nd order.

I made 2 other orders that night. One to REI and 1 to Thru-hiker.
    The REI order got here in 1 1/2 days and the Thru-hiker got here to day.

Still no word from C&C. I have a feeling I'll be emailing them "again" in a few weeks and they will probably cancel my order "again".

The thing is, they have some awesome gear, but I will never buy from them again.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools