Topic

Bruno’s Run

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Bruno’s Run

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Denlinger

@ktdenlinger

Locale: Great Lakes Region

I recently did a winter hike along the Bruno's Run looptrail. It is about 13 miles south of Munising, Michigan. The trail is 8 9 miles long depending on your source. It felt more like 9. It is a relatively easy winter hike. Overall, I feel it may be a good overnight hike for those less tolerable of the cold. The temp during the day averaged about 10 F. The trail is maintained well and all stream crossing have bridges. It has limited use during the winter and consistently has snow. In fact at the time of the trek, this was the only location with any snow on the ground in Michigan. There are multiple road crossing which are a bit of a drag. Only one road can be traveled by car in the winter, but the others did have some minor snowmobile traffic. Camp can be set up anywhere along the trail and multiple areas are suitable. There are great views of lakes throughout the hike. I would not recommend this hike in the summer as the trail is likely to be busy as there are two campgrounds along the path. It may be good in late fall, and the colors are likely to spectacular.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools