Topic

Cabelas Rainy River PacLite – $49.99

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Cabelas Rainy River PacLite – $49.99

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Affleck

@utcoyote

I just saw that Cabelas has their Rainy River PacLite parka on sale for $49.99, with $2 standard shipping. Seems like a heckuva deal on a PacLite shell?

– Dave

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

the comments on the weight question on the product page are hilarious

Tommy Franzen
    Spectator

@tomlike

Locale: Pacific Wonderland

"what is the weight?"…"too light." No doubt, 21oz. for XL!

David Affleck

@utcoyote

I went ahead and bought one. With Cabela's easy return policies, I figured it was at least worth a look. The size large I got, on my certified postal scale, weighs 17.5 oz. with the separate mesh stuff sack and all the tags still attached by small plastic ties.

No lightweight, by any means. But, not horrible either, when compared to something like a Precip or Torrentshell and taking into account price/performance comparison.

It's heavier than I'd like for backpacking, obviously, but it also looks to be of excellent construction and likely very good durability. Based on reviews of other PacLite shells, I'm going to guess it is fairly weatherproof and "somewhat" breathable.

For $50 I'm going to keep it. I'll carry it backpacking, too, until a killer deal on a good quality sub 10 oz. shell comes along. Combined with the GoLite Reed pants I picked up, I'll be into the rain gear about 23 oz and $100 for now.

– Dave

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

"It's heavier than I'd like for backpacking, obviously, but it also looks to be of excellent construction and likely very good durability. Based on reviews of other PacLite shells, I'm going to guess it is fairly weatherproof and "somewhat" breathable."

You hit the nail on the head David. I've had one for a couple years. Very durable & weatherproof, but it's heavy compared to others.

Ryan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools