Topic

New Model of REI Quarter Dome T1

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Model of REI Quarter Dome T1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

Hi All –

Has anyone used the new model of the REI Quarter Dome T1 tent? Or seen it set up in the store?

I have the previous model which, as many people have said, feels like a coffin, because it's so narrow. Apparently, the new model has been widened at one end to give more room.

Just curious. I want to get a new tent and I'm interested in the new T1 but also interested in the new Tarptent Notch.

Thanks!
    Kathy Handyside

Ed Hayes

@ejhayes

Locale: Northwest

I saw this too and thought it looked nice. I wonder if I'd like it more than my 2011 model Big Agnus CS1. I like the CS1, but really hate the hubs on the poles, because it doesn't let the poles fold up small. The REI tent looks like the poles would be more streamlined.

Colin M
    BPL Member

@colinm

I haven't seen it in person, but from the pics on the website it appears the T1 is no longer a freestanding tent.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools