Topic

Two-bag Freezer Bag meals

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Two-bag Freezer Bag meals

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Sometimes I use two freezer bags for a meal.

EX. "Thanksgiving Dinner"

INGREDIENTS:
    1 person protion of StoveTop Stuffing
    1/4 cup Craisins
    1/2 pouch dry gravy mix
    1 foil pouch of chicken
    (1 person portion of mashed potatoes can be added)

PREPARATION:
    > Bag #1 StoveTop Stuffing & Craisins
    Add hot water, seal and insulate

> Bag #2 Gravy and chicken (& mashed potatoes if desired)
    Add hot water, seal and insulate

** Alternatively, after stuffing is done and dished out you could make the mashed potatoes in the same bag if you carried them in a sandwich bag. Their "cook" time is minimal.

Sometimes preparing food separately is just more appealing than a single "bag-o-grub".

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Oh very much so. I might add that in the case of Thanksgiving On The Trail I use multiple bags – potatoes in one, stuffing in the next, gravy and chicken in another and last but not least, cranberry sauce in a small bag. The meal though serves 3 or more ;-) So it evens out.
    http://www.trailcooking.com/content/thanksgiving-trail (Long page with lots of recipes :-)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools