Topic

Inov-8 @ TheClymb

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Inov-8 @ TheClymb

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

I'm not a fan of shameless plugs (so find your invites elsewhere), but TheClymb is having a sale on Inov-8 shoes right now.

Available models:
    M's Roclite 312 GTX – $80
    M's Roclite 318 GTX – $80
    M's Roclite 390 GTX – $70
    M's Road-X 255 – $55
    Unisex Roclite 288 GTX – $80
    Unisex Roclite 315 – $50
    Unisex Roclite 319 – $55
    W's Roclite 268 – $50

BPL consensus on the Roclite 315's is that they are awesome trail shoes – 11 user reviews, average rating 4.73/5. Also, even after $8 for shipping they were about $25 less than I could find them anywhere else in my size (10.5). The 312 GTX's have good user reviews as well, but yeah, I don't want gore-tex in a summer trail shoe.

David Vo

@sygyzy

Silly Joseph, you forgot to post your affiliate link!

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Ha, yeah, I don't post affiliate links, I feel like doing so cheapens the fun of sharing deals with fellow BPL members. I only post deals here if I legitimately think they are good deals.

David Vo

@sygyzy

What? You mean you don't come on here daily and post every single brand listed on The Clymb and make it seem like you discovered a great deal? Every. Single. Brand. Daily?

Terri Wright
    BPL Member

@ncalcamper

Locale: SF Bay Area

In for two pairs of the roclite 315. Tough to find the smaller unisex sizes sometimes.

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

Don't be a douche. He is nice enough to spend the time listing the different deals and price. On top of that, he is not being greedy as to put an affiliate link. I'd much rather have that then people not listing any insight on what the deals are. It usually sounds like that

"Super deals on brand X at the clymb, I bought 2 items myself, http://www.theclymb.com/greedydouche" so people have to sign up to discover that the deal isn't that great and that they don't have what they are looking for in the first place…

Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

Locale: Central Oregon

Is the sale 2 days long, or end 2 days from now?

Jon Holthaus
    BPL Member

@t25hatch

I've read you'll want to size up at least 1/2 size larger (e.g. if you wear 10's you'll want to order 10.5)
    Is that the same for the rest of you? I've also seen ordering a full size larger??

David Vo

@sygyzy

Noel, please re-read my post then look up sarcasm in the dictionary. If this is still unclear to you and you insist on calling me names, send me a PM and I'll walk you through it.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Hi Jon,
    Regarding size: I have slightly wide feet and wear a 10.5 in most shoes, I'm typically a 10.5 for Inov-8 as well. I had tried an 11 in the flyroc 310's and found them too big – they were slipping on my heel. Also, the last for Inov-8 shoes varies by model, for example, the 310's and 315's have the Comfort last, which is "Generous fitting and offering a more comfortable style. Ideal for training and long distances particularly on trails." I felt pretty safe ordering my normal size for them.

Also, Justice, the sale ends at 11am CST on Friday (3/16).

Jon Foro
    BPL Member

@fjoro

Locale: PNW

"I've read you'll want to size up at least 1/2 size larger (e.g. if you wear 10's you'll want to order 10.5)"

This is absolutely true for me. Especially true if you swap out the insoles with something like Superfeet.

Terri Wright
    BPL Member

@ncalcamper

Locale: SF Bay Area

Yes, I'm up a half size too. I also have some 240's that seemed bigger than the 315s it but worked out great since I was on two week hike. More feet spread I think.

Jon Holthaus
    BPL Member

@t25hatch

Thank you all for the replies, I believe I'll order half size up strickly because I have an odd shaped foot. I am going to kick myself (pun intended) if I should have ordered the right size!

jody vukas

@bologma

I could've went up a full size, these are still snug

Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

They sent me the wrong size, what is their return policy if I was sent the wrong thing?

Jared King
    BPL Member

@jking

Locale: Middle TN

they will issue you a merchandise credit, but not a refund in normal circumstances. if I was you, I would argue for a full refund and not have to pay return shipping. i've never dealt with their customer service, so I'm not sure how that will go over. try calling their customer service number: 1-877-464-6936

for a regular return, go the website and scroll to the very bottom. there's a button that says return. click proceed and put in your order info. If your return is apprved, they'll email you a shipping label. When they receive the shoes, they'll deduct $6.99 from your credit to pay for the return shipping.

Edward Barton

@edwardalbarton

FYI, Running Warehouse has a great comparison tool where you compare the size of a shoe you know fits well with one you want to buy. You can even see how the shapes match, if you want more toe room, etc… They also offer free 2 day shipping, and they strike me as super professional. Use code Runblog10 for 10% off… I just got a pair of X-talon 212's from them for $81 with shipping.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

call them and discuss it with them. They have always treated me right in the past.

They should own up to their mistake and make things right.

Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

I called and they will refund my the purchase amount plus shipping both ways/

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

That is great! Thanks for posting about your experience with them.

A long time ago, they messed up on an order of mine. It was a small item value wise, but they told me to go ahead and keep the item and then sent me the correct item.

The item made a great christmas gift to a friend of mine.

Great service, and great company all around.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Locale: San Francisco bay area

I got my Roclite 315 delivered last week, happy with this first purchase from The Clymb.
    I'd say though there is no need to go up more than 1/2 size and you could get away with no going up a size at all.
    In other forums, they say the size was changed from earlier versions. I'm a 10 USA and I ordered a 10.5 USA Roclite 315 and I'd say there's a little room there I could have got a 10.

Not worn them yet, waiting for a … trail walk… these will help me a lot as I've been walking in sandals and flicking debris under my foot, these feel comfy and enclosed but breathe better than a regular shoe.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools