Topic

March solo bushwacking overnight trip in Sweden

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports March solo bushwacking overnight trip in Sweden

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Locale: Scandinavia

It is also part two of my report on my new and improved 3 season system. Lots of pics!

http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/

:)

First Last
    BPL Member

@snusmumriken

Locale: SF Bay Area

Nice trip report and blog, thanks for posting. Those pictures look more like October then early March. No snow at all! Has it all really melted away already?

Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Thanks, glad you liked it! There were a few very small patches of snow hidden away in places where no sun gets in, but hardly any. I am in the south, so it is warmer here, plus this Spring has been warmer than usual.

But you never know. Last year in March I went on an overnight with similar conditions, and woke up to about 5cm of snow outside of my tarp, which was also not in the weather forecast. So there could still be snow yet, though I doubt it.

Christopher Konsowitz
    Spectator

@thekonz

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Great Trip Report. Cool to look at scenery that is halfway around the globe.

Hope the pack did you well!

Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Thanks man, glad you liked the report and the scenery! Sweden is a backpacker's paradise.

The pack is awesome! Very comfy and good weight distribution, and it's good to use for either an overnight or thru hike. Eventually I plan on using this pack as my thru hike pack, so much space. I also really like the waist pocket, I use it as a mini fanny pack for stuff I use more often, like my knife, lip balm, compass, flashlight, etc.

Have to ask, what pack are you using now?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools