Topic

Source for 3M propore and make your one bivy questions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Source for 3M propore and make your one bivy questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Fry
    BPL Member

@davidfry

Here is a source for 3M propore it is a king size materus cover made out of 3M propore: http://www.improvementsplanner.com/home-improvements-mattress-cover-king-10002814.html Is this the same material that is used in waterproof rain jackets like Rainshield O2 rainwear? Is there a better sources for a microporous polpropylene laminate? The Jackets made from this are very light does any one know the actual weight of a square yard of 3M propor? Has any one made anything out of this? I know that are not as durable as other water proof breathable fabrics but might this be durable enough for the top of a bivy? Thanks for the info.

Michael Demchak

@mikey

Locale: new england

I've used propore from one of the weathershield jacks r better things for a bivy top. it worked out well, deffinitly waterproof, i ended up using the wrong side out, but no difference. it is deffinitly a more fragile option and i wouldn't recomend a really tight stitch so you dont weaken it to much. i've slept with it for some 8 nights without problems, there were some condensation sometimes at the foot, but i think it's because i made the footend with silnylon, which was a mistake :x
    good luck,
    mike!

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

I have 5 yards of the Yellow Propore and it weighs 2.37 ounces per sq yard. What I have came from 3M when they were still making it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools