Topic

HDR In-Camera Options

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography HDR In-Camera Options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Craig Shelley

@craig_shelley

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I have a Sony Nex 5N and an A77 SLT. Both of these cameras support HDR in the camera. I've been quite pleased with the results even when hand-holding the cameras. Sometimes the photos look artificial but often, with a little care about the EV range I select, I get excellent results. I'm curious what other cameras support HDR in camera. I'm also curious how many of you take multiple exposures and then process the results in software later.

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I'm also curious how many of you take multiple exposures and then process the results in software later.

When there is no other way to get a shot, I'll take several exposures with my camera on a tripod and combine them in Enfuse, a donation-ware plug-in for Lightroom. What I'm looking for is a more natural look rather than the "HDR look." Mostly, though, I try to pick scenes within the dynamic range of my camera.

Joshua Gray
    BPL Member

@coastalhiker

I go the multiple exposures route (usually +/- 3 stops) to obtain my HDR photos. Process with photomatix and then photoshop. I too strive to not push it into the area of non-realism.

From my experience I just haven't liked the in-camera HDR results that I have seen. But maybe the new stuff looks better.

Here is a fav from my collection (non-hiking related):

HDR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools