Topic

TR: Father/Daughter Trail Run

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities TR: Father/Daughter Trail Run

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

My 7 year old daughter has been urging me to let her start going out with me to run the dogs. Here are pictures from our first trail run together;

The days 1.5 to 2 mile loop starts just off our property;
    TR-0

The run starts on single track and is a series of gentle rollers out to the half way point;
    TR-1

TR-2

The large tree in the distance is the mid-way point heading out.
    TR-3

We stopped for a short break and to take a few pictures with the dogs (check out my daughters Kat hat).
    TR-4

TR-5

At the half way point the single track trail dumps out onto a jeep road, we head for home both smiling.
    TR-7

TR-6

The day was cold (spitting snow) and windy, perfect for a run with the dogs. We all four; daughter, dad and dogs had a great time and will be getting out for future runs together regularly.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Awesome man. My daughter (8 yrs.) is getting into running with me as well

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Cool place you live there, Thom. And some delightful pictures of the running tandem! Thanks for sharing.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

All of that. You and your darling daughter, your smart looking dog, the landscape, the photos that capture the movement, the fun and more. Thanks.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Doug;
    Are home borders a large undeveloped area that has multiple options for trail running and short hikes.

Kat; The older shorter haired border collie is my dog Moxie, the longer haired border collie puppy is my daughters dog Millie. Border collies are great trail running / hiking dogs. The breed is extremely smart, have strong endurance (if kept fit) and are very loyal.

My daughter loves her Kat P hats. :)

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Thom,

I loved this man, definitely brought a huge smile to my face. Watching kids run is an education in fun, they just get it right.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

Very cute. Glad you're taking her out. Good habit to start. Is this the same daughter that you took out a while back by that lake? I remember you did a trip report on that.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Luke

I have only the one daughter and she has so far really enjoyed the time shared hiking and now trail running. I will continue to post on future adventures, both big and small.

Eugene

My daughter brings a huge smile to my face every day. You are right in that kids just get it when it comes to running, it's about having fun and being outside.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools