Topic

Hike Naked Day

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Bad Steven. Bad, bad Steven!!! :)

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I guess that the shape was similar and the color and it had the same style pad on top of it I thought it might just be the same pack with something else straped on the back.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Ive always been interested in the granite gear mariposa plus Ive studied it alot on the granite gear website they just dont make packs like granite gear is that your pack Lisa? Its a nice pack. If so how does it carry? Do the shoulder straps fit well? You would not have any more pics showing how the shoulder straps fit taken around maybe… june…21…2010?

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Mariposa Plus — you mean GOSSAMER Gear, don't you?

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

nude bridge

This is a privately owned and privately funded pedestrian bridge that cross one of the main streets in Palm Springs, CA. Notice that the sides are enclosed, so you cannot see the people walking across the street…

… that is because it connects two properties of a 'clothing optional' resort :)

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Oh yea Gossamer gear yea thats the ticket

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Those packs fit perfectly.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Regarding Hiking Naked: There is saying that you are hung like a horse and there is proving it.

Me, I prefer to spread rumors and lies about myself in that regard….hiking naked would ruin all of my efforts. :)

-Tony

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Or being hung like a baby.

(20", 6lbs 7oz)

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

How are posts talking about the size of people's dongs still up but a post offering a shirt for sale isn't?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Nm

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

and the torso lengths are spot on.

Miner
    BPL Member

@miner

Locale: SoCAL

The one thing I've always wondered about hiking naked. Everyone has probably heard some story about some idiot doing something stupid and ends up exposing himself and only then noticing that a minor is around and is now on the registered sex offender list. So if you are hiking naked and a group of cub scouts is taking a break around the the next corner… I'm just saying, it might not be such a smart thing to do.

And I agree with some of the earlier comments, the human body isn't always such a beautiful thing to see.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I am neither an exhibitionist nor someone ashamed of my own body.

My view… hiking naked on any trail is discourteous. You can never be sure that you won't encounter anyone. Disrobing, to me, means you couldn't care enough about others.

OTOH, if you are bushwhacking miles off trail, then OK about the discourteous part, although for me, I don't think I would want to bushwhack naked.

Everett Vinzant
    BPL Member

@wn7ant

Locale: CDT

I prefer not to hike naked for this reason:

What has been seen, can not be unseen...

Anyway, just a little humor :)

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

There is an old saying that the only ones who go to nude beaches are the only ones who shouldn't.
    Access to a local bouldering outcrop requires crossing an unofficial "nude" beach [I'm unsure what constitutes an offical nude beach, bigger signs?]
    A naked gent popped up one afternoon as I was hiking down and asked why I bothered with clothing since the temp was hovering around 100f. I pointed out somewhat lamely that if the ambient was this warm the few cams and such clipped to my sling were too hot to lay against bare skin and continued along. As I thought about my less than stellar reply, juggling my own notions around and begun shedding my clothing. A cloud of dust appeared and 3 SUVs full of school kids on a geology field trip came bouncing down the road, I quite hastily pulled my shorts up ending my foray into sun worshipping.
    Later when talking to one of the drivers I asked if he realized they had passed through a clothing optional area,he replied heck ya, the kids have a contest to see who can spot the most folks.

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools