Topic

NOLS Semester program

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    E. H. Clemmons
    BPL Member

@sclemmons

I have a friend who has done Philmont several times. Looking for a new challenge at 18. Not particularly interested in college at this point. Eagle Scout. Serious outdoorsman. I am thinking about sending him to check out NOLS for a semester as an option to college or military service, under the hope that the experience could lead to a staff job or second course. He might find a career or a girl or a new challenge, any of which would be an uptick over joining the National Guard. I have never had any experience with the program, although it seems like a fit for him based on my telephone call with Cheyanne, who answers the NOLS phone. If you have any experience good or bad, please speak up about this as an idea. I know it sounds like fun to me.

(No lightweight content I know. Please move this as you see fit)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools