Topic

Best pepperoni stick that fits into bear can

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Best pepperoni stick that fits into bear can

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

I love the Tillamook pepperoni sticks. However they are too long to fit into my bear can without bending them in half and taking up a lot of room.

Anyone have any suggestions for another type that tastes good and would fit?
    Btw I did try Slim Jim's but didn't like them. Too greasy for me, and I get kind of a weird dog food aftertaste.

Richard Cullip
    BPL Member

@richardcullip

Locale: San Diego County

Since you like the Tillamook brand, simply repackage them -> cut them to size and put in a resealable ziplock bag.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Slim Jim's but didn't like them. Too greasy for me, and I get kind of a weird dog food aftertaste."

But, it is a good dog food aftertaste.

–B.G.–

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably end up cutting em up.
    I'm guessing they have enough preservatives to stay fresh for a few weeks after opening the package?

Chris Wright
    Spectator

@chriswrightcycles

Try Wellshire Farms pepperoni sticks, available @ Whole Foods.

-Chris

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Put them in as a circle, following the perimeter of the can rather than straight up and down.

How do you know what dog food tastes like? {grin}

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools