Topic

I’m making a caloric ratio spreadsheet, is my approach correct?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition I’m making a caloric ratio spreadsheet, is my approach correct?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott Simcox
    Spectator

@simco

Locale: Nashville

Link

Only Little Debbies so far, but before I commit to more I want to run this by some people first.
    I'm doing both calories and protein by serving size, but is there anything else I should be considering that would affect my results? Or is there another method that would be better?

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

I did the same thing for all of the food that I took on my PCT trip. I entered in P/C/F and weight for each entry and then calculated out the calories per oz. When you add in the number of servings of each it then calculated up the total cals of P/C/F and calculated percentages. Knowing the individual protein/g is not all that useful, it's the total that matters. Also, consider adding body fat as an item. You rarely see this done but in reality most of us end up burning off significant amounts of fats. If you add in this fat along with what you eat then you find that your fat ratio goes very high.

Scott Simcox
    Spectator

@simco

Locale: Nashville

Knorrs, Ramen, Kraft, Liter bottle weights and Energy bars added.

"Knowing the individual protein/g is not all that useful, it's the total that matters"

If a person is trying to carry as little weight as possible, knowing how much protein they can get per ounce is very useful. It directly reflects the total protein.
    Getting 100 grams of protein is easy. Getting it as light as possible is not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools