Topic

MYOG Hydropel

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Hydropel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

I know there was a thread here on BPL about making one's own Hydropel, but I can't find it now. In any case, I've resolved to try it. I have 350 centipoise (pretty thick) dimethicone, petrolatum, and Dri-flo (a modified hydrophobic starch). I know that the mixture needs to be about 30% dimethicone, but I don't know the ratio of the two other ingredients. Presumably the majority of the other 70% is petrolatum, with a small amount of starch. Any educated guesses about this?

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Read Brian Barnes' post. Looks like 30% dimethicone, 10% starch, 60% petrolatum. He goes further to explain how to make it

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=33635

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

Thanks for that link, Dustin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools