Topic

Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan – $64 plus shipping @ Steep and Cheap.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan – $64 plus shipping @ Steep and Cheap.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Seems like a killer deal – $64 plus shipping for a down pullover with 2oz of 850 fill, 7oz total weight. What's not to love? It's up for the next 15 minutes or so.

BTW, I have one of these on order, as it popped up on SAC last week, except the current price is about $12 less than what I paid.

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

Oh wow, if I saw that I would have jumped on that. Will be looking out on SAC again.

Mark Rash
    Spectator

@markrvp

Locale: North Texas

I grabbed one this morning. Thanks for the heads up :)

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

were there any smalls left?

Also, do you know how the general cut of 'em is? Boxy, narrow/long-armed, etc?

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Hi Daniel,
    There were no smalls left the last time I saw these show up on SAC. Regarding fit, I have a few Stoic merino T's – I'd say they are more of an athletic cut, and run a bit longer than most in the torso. I've also heard sleeve length for Stoic gear tends to run long as well – so if you consider yourself lanky, you may be in luck.

My example (a men's medium), is due to arrive on Thursday, if I can find the time to do so I'll post first impressions and comment on fit then.

Joe

Nicholas Meadors

@nickoli

Locale: Teh Front Range

They just put the vest up for 56.99 plus shipping as well. I picked up a medium, almost 50% lighter than the golite I had, and 10 dollars cheaper to boot. No hand pockets though, whatever!

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

After spending some time with the pullover, I'm impressed. Stoic has made an excellent down pullover for UL 3-season backpacking and the value from SAC is almost unheard of. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that the pertex quantum fabric is rather noisy (crinkles as you move) – noisier than the pertex quantum GL fabric used in some of my other jackets.

It's light – 182.9g or 6.45oz for my men's M – and noticeably warmer than my old patagonia nano-puff pullover (60g primaloft). The cuffs, hem cinch cord, and buttons seal in heat very well. As for fit, it's close to ideal. There isn't an excess of dead space in the jacket, although there is enough room for me to layer my arc'teryx atom LT vest underneath without bunching. The forearms are somewhat narrow (for me, at least – I have large forearms), so much more than a heavyweight baselayer or thin fleece would probably begin to compress the down in that section of the pullover. For fit reference, my measurements are 5'8", 160lbs, 38.5" chest, 32" waist, 33" arms, 15" neck.

jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

Grieat deal.

Just got one in XL. I did not like wrist closure so I trimmed it. Changed out waist cord with something lighter. Now weighs 7.2 oz. Even has a kangaroo pocket.DWR held up good in the rain.Buy one

Jim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools