Topic

We are being hacked/spammed again

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support We are being hacked/spammed again

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

I received this email alerting me to a thread that I was watching.

A new comment has been posted at the BackpackingLight.com forums:

SUBJECT: Chanel,Chanel bag,Chanel handbags,cheap Chanel bag,discount Chanel handbags,replica chanel bag
    AUTHOR: rbaslermarya

View this post by clicking here:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/60636/index.html

It linked me to a thread on the Decorah Eagles that I started this morning. ;-(

Party On,

Newton

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Yeah, it was the most aggressive spamming i've seen here in a while. Boo to that.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Travis,

Addie must have her own Anti Spam Bot in operation. I can't find any posts that reference the author of the spam.

BTW I put up a pic of that little orange guy for you on the avatar thread. ;-)

Party On,

Newton

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

The best thing to do when you encounter a SPAM post is to report it by clicking on the red flag at the top right of a post. This alerts the admins that there's an issue with a post. That's what I did, and no doubt others, that alerted Addie or whoever so they could clear them out and ban the spammer.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Yeah, I alerted them too. Addie probably gets more spam reports than actual spam!

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Hey Doug,

Ordinarily I would do just that but the spam hit my email inbox in the form of an email alert to a thread that I was watching. When I went to the thread there was no Spam Post.

Addie must be just that good and I was just lucky this time I guess. ;-)

Party On,

Newton

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools