Topic

Golite Ultralight Three Season Quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite Ultralight Three Season Quilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

What do you think of the current version of Golite's quilts?

Do they still have segmented baffles (that make it had to add more down)? Do they seem understuffed? True to their temperature rating? How do they fit? What's the fill weight on for a regular?

I'd love to see some photos of your quilt.

What's the tested weight?

Thank you!

Cody Lebow

@clebow

Locale: Orange County

I haven't had a chance to use it but my dad used mine a few weeks ago and slept warm at 27f in a hammock FWIW. Weight is 734g/25.9oz without straps for the regular size on my scale.

Jack H.

@found

Thanks Cody.

Aaron
    BPL Member

@aaronufl

Mine weighs in at 24.5 ounces and I'd say it is pretty true to it's rating. I've gone to about 13 degrees in Canyonlands with a down jacket, black rock gear hat, capilene baselayers, and wool socks. I picked mine up back when it was on sale and have to say, for the price, it couldn't be beat.

Jack H.

@found

Thanks Aaron. I'm also tempted by the price. As long as quality, warmth and weight are good!

Jack H.

@found

Bump. Anyone know the fill weight?

Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

I emailed them asking about the specs for the size long a couple weeks ago and this was the reply:

"The fill weight on the Ultra Light 3 season Long is 375g. Size in the included stuff sack is 12"X6". Shoulder Girth: 60" Hip Girth: 47" Foot Girth: 39." The loft based on a sample regular is approximately 3.5" (one side)."

I then replied to ask about the size regular and:

"The fill weight on the Regular is 335g. The stuff size and girth measurements are all the same. The biggest difference is the finished length is 88” for the Long and 82” for the regular. Everything else looks pretty similar."

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I used the previous version of that quilt down to 22 with a baselayer, and it had less down.

David Ure

@familyguy

Super loft, very warm to rating, variable girth with wide shoulder width, excellent quality, very little if any down loss through the fabric, warmer than my Marmot Helium, a veritable steal on pricing.

Jack H.

@found

Thanks everyone!

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i have the same story as joe above. buy with confidence. quick side story. i had a down leakage problem develop after probably 70 nights (give or take) and i emailed golite. their CS was very helpful and after a few email exchanges they had me ship my quilt into them. a few weeks later they shipped out a brand new quilt to me. very pleasant experience…

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

Just received a regular length 3 season quilt for my 14 year old son and the tag states 405g of down….14oz. More that I thought it would have. Haven't yet weighed it for total weight. It does have the side baffles and the did a pretty good job of distributing the down. The smaller side "wing" chambers have a bit more than I would like and feel more full that the baffle chambers over the top, but for the $120 price after a 20% off coupon, this was an absolute steal!

As an added bonus, the fabric is much nicer than the 2010/2011 model, particularly the wpb on the ends. Not as nice as the Ultra 20 but a big improvement.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools