Topic

Realistic Number of Days Food in Bearikade Weekender/Expedition

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Realistic Number of Days Food in Bearikade Weekender/Expedition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"I doubt you would be called on it by a ranger if you had a "non approved" size."

I've never had any negative comment from a park ranger on my Bear Boxer, 1.6 lbs.

–B.G.–

Blair Blair

@david_brett

Hello,
    Well However if you really want to squeeze six days of food in the can then you need to keep the daily amount down to about a pound and a half, use compact food such as gorp, oatmeal, rice etc, and throw out any packaging. It can be done but it takes some careful planning. …

Matthew mcgurk
    BPL Member

@phatpacker

Locale: Central coast California

Here is how you get extra days out of your cannister and backpacking meals. Repackage everything in Zip Locks, focus dehydrated meals for two and use the rice meals, as you divide the meals up add rice instant to it and pack. every layer shake down with cous cous loose in the cannister. Organze the meals to take them out in order and eat the cous cous for lunch as you pull the meals out. The cous cous will shake into every crack and airspace. This method should give you eight days. Or more depending how you eat.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools