Topic

Upcoming trip to Australia–offering to be a pack mule

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Upcoming trip to Australia–offering to be a pack mule

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    b willi jones
    BPL Member

@mrjones

Locale: best place in the world !?

mmm, chicken flavored beer… mmm, beer flavored chicken

do they have that in Australia?

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Wouldn't that make them cannibals?"

Only if they ate vegemite made with vegans. ;=0

Nancy Charlier
    BPL Member

@ncharlier

Locale: Midwest

Only if they were in Canberra

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

…well, not really bacon beer, but you can get a smoked beer. This one is particularly tasty. I first tried it many years ago with my friend and we dubbed it "bacon beer" because it is very reminiscent of drinking something of a wonderfully smoky barbecue. Or bacon.

MMMMmmmmmm.
    afng

b willi jones
    BPL Member

@mrjones

Locale: best place in the world !?

nice one T-Funk, ill take your word for it, cheers

Simone Zmood
    BPL Member

@sim1oz

Locale: Melbourne, Australia

Hi Nancy,

We constantly gripe about the cost of gear here in Australia so I am sure you will find people willing to take up your 'pack mule' offer. The best place to post the offer would be on http://bushwalk.com/forum/. You should get a few free drinks and meals for your generosity!

We are doing the Overland Track in two weeks (and counting down)! Unfortunately, I hurt my knee at karate last week so I am madly trying to get it back in shape so we can do all the side walks and climbs.

I'm based in Melbourne, so PM me when you are in town. It would be great to catch up with a BPL'er.

Cheers
    Simone

Nancy Charlier
    BPL Member

@ncharlier

Locale: Midwest

Thanks for the info, Simone. I registered for the site, but maybe it takes some human action to get the registration through, as so far I can't post there. As I write this, it's 0400 in Victoria, so I will try again later at a more civilized time. I would love to get in touch with you when I'm in Melbourne.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools