Topic

Half Pyramid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Half Pyramid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

The BCS fits that criteria and is based of the george tarp with some modifications.

More information is here
    http://seekoutside.com/backcountry-shelter-2/

Backcountry Shelter

and here is a review
    http://hillpeoplegear.com/Forum/tabid/679/forumid/23/threadid/1176/scope/posts/Default.aspx

It actually opens up into a tarp or accepts an add in panel that expands it to 100 + sq feet.

We are working on a smaller trekking supported pole version as well, that should have a review available.

Sorry for the commercial post

Kevin

Colin Parkinson
    BPL Member

@parkinson1157

Locale: Ontario Canada

Just finished it and set it up for seam sealing.

I must say an impressive shelter, the room and height is amazing.Half Pyramid

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

That looks great!

What are the demensions?

I think pyramid/tipi/trailstar type tent is much better than alternatives.

Colin Parkinson
    BPL Member

@parkinson1157

Locale: Ontario Canada

Jerry it is your design, with some small modifications

i.e. no cat cut as I could not sew the curve.
    I use silnylon tie outs(1" long) with round 4" elastic extensions to help keep the tarp taunt.
    I added a tie out on the back seam 2' up, so I can add a exterior back pole to make up the lack of cat curve.

I also put a second peak cap on the inside of the tent to hide my crappy seams. No, I mean to act as a tent pole wear prevention device, yeah that's it.

I also ran the zipper up under the peak cap to avoid the dreaded zipper hole at the top.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Fwiw we have a small hybrid tipi, mid in the works that is pretty similar but has its own unique features . It's sort of a scaled down bcs
    Kevin

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

"Fwiw we have a small hybrid tipi"

How about some more info? pictures? link?

The only problem for a gear supplier with a pyramid is it's sort of generic so it's hard to come out with a unique product and you probably don't want to compete on just low price

But MLD and Oware, for two, have pyramids and the MLD trailstar is a pretty unique derivative that seems to be selling well.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

I will add some photos and links as the information is ready and finalized . It will probably be about 2 weeks. It has some unique twists to it.
    Kevin

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools