Topic

Cool alcohol fuel bottle find

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cool alcohol fuel bottle find

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

Lots of ways to go about storing alcohol… I've gone the safe route and have been carrying it in cleaned out cough syrup bottles with child proof lids, but they are relatively heavy at about 1oz empty. I previously used 16oz bottled water bottles, but I figured that's way to easy to mistake for water…

But I came home from work yesterday and found these babies on the kitchen counter. The apparently came from some lunchables meals my wife bought for the kids. 6.5oz capacity, perfect for short trips, and about 10.5 to 11g each empty… No safety lid but not as easily mistaken for water because of the small size. If I was hiking with small kids I still might bring the child proof bottles, but for solo trips I think these are about perfect.

bottle

I did peel the labels and clean the glue off with some MEK. I'll take a look around and see if I can find some skull and cross bones decals.

edit: McMaster-Carr to the rescue- part numbers 5026T592 and 5026T591 would be perfect.

BM

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools