Topic

GPS with satellite image

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GPS with satellite image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben Whitsett

@benwhitsett

I know my application may be a little out of place, but I'm asking the people that would know. I work for an Agriculture Service in North Dakota and I use my iPhone google maps satellite hybrid to find fields I'm going to do work in. My boss was really impressed with my ability to find certain fields. I eventually told him how, with my iPhone. He now asked me to find a gps that we could put in some of our semis to help seasonal workers find fields. Does anybody know about a handheld gps or a "automobile" gps that has a hybrid satellite map setting? Thanks in advance for your help.

Will Webster

@willweb

The Delorme PN series lets you download aerial photography to your computer and then transfer it to the handheld for viewing in the field. If you have any GIS or draw data in Delorme's mapping program you can move that to the PN also. Not ultralight bit it works pretty well.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

This BPL Thread has some information about Garmin's Birdseye imagery. Several Garmin GPS units support this imagery which is downloadable and viewable on both your computer and GPS.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools