Topic

Patagonia Micro Puff Hooded Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Patagonia Micro Puff Hooded Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

Because of their price, I usually buy Patagonia gear when it goes on sale, like winter gear in the spring. I have a nano puff jacket but find that it is not very warm in winter. Does anyone have experience with the warmer Micro Puff Jacket? I am concerned that going from the Nano's 60 wt. to the Micro's 100 wt may make it too warm and bulky. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

I've used the Down Sweater Hoody extensively and it is significantly warmer than the nano puff (15 degrees warmer, with just a T shirt).

I've also used the Arcteryx Atom SV (which uses 100G insulation like the Micropuff), and I would rank it just every so slightly less warm as the Down Sweater, but much more durable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools