Topic

MYOG Trekking Poles Graphite shafts on Ebay $8.67 each

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Trekking Poles Graphite shafts on Ebay $8.67 each

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Thibeault
    BPL Member

@brucetbo

Locale: New England

I saw these on Ebay (Im in no way affiliated with the seller) I noticed they have a .370 tip diameter. Leki flex tips should fit these shafts nicely and weight is listed as 79 grams. With shipping you could get two for $25.79… Ive seen cheaper but $25 bucks aint bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GRAFALLOY-GRAPHITE-IRON-SHAFTS-R-FLEX-370-PARALLEL-/140710866707?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item20c3056f13

Corey Miller

@coreyfmiller

Locale: Eastern Canada

Got my hopes up but it looks like he doesn't ship out of the US. I'd be all over this, need one for golf as well.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

I dunnno.. i like my treking poles to have stiff flex and a higher kickpoint.. :)

Nicholas Neville

@pc730

Locale: Southern Oregon

The problem with using most golf shafts of that diamater is that they will make for short trekking poles. I cannot imagine making a trekking pole longer than 110 cm with a iron shaft.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

You might be able to purchase spare parts from black diamond and use their flicklock system. They are fairly flexable size wise.

Bruce Thibeault
    BPL Member

@brucetbo

Nicholas, its true these shafts will make short poles but Im short so they work for me. Theyre also inexpensive enough that Im going to experiment with making adjustable poles as well.

zongwei xu

@yhcomposites

Hello, our company is professional to do a carbon fiber tube products, we can customize products according to your requirements http://en.yhcomposites.com/Carbon-fiber/Products/carbon-fiber-ski-pole/

Marginal, very marginal.
    Roger Caffin

Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

Hey have you finished your MYOG poles yet? I'm curious as to how they turned out. I'd love to see some pics, of course.

Bruce Thibeault
    BPL Member

@brucetbo

I finished the poles some time ago and tried them out. I found them to be a bit shorter than I would like but still very usable. In fact Im still using them. I did recently find some shaft extenders on Ebay that would add 2 or 3 inches to the length with only a 10 gram weight penalty.Currently Im trying to find some carbon fiber tubes to make a pair of adjustable poles. If I have any success with that I'll post the results.Leki Tipswicked lightpaint modcork mod

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools