Topic

Black Rock Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Black Rock Gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

I ordered a couple of items from Black Rock recently. The way this season is going I probably won't need them but who knows.

I bought a beanie and some down mittens. Both appear to be of the highest quality and I thought the pricing was reasonable. The order arrived very promptly.

Most of all, though, the icing on the cake, was the impeccable care taken in the packaging of the order and the neatly written personal thank you note.

Little things like that make a big difference to me.

Thanks Evan.

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

So true David. I actually just pulled the trigger on a jacket from Wild Things and a big part of that was because its made one state away from me and they had someone answering my questions via email on a Saturday night and throughout the day Sunday.

Same goes for my HMG gear and MLD stuff.

I'm seriously considering a black rock vest for my long distance run/hike kit. minimal volume and weight pieces tend to make the cut into my running pack

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

I have one of Evans original BRG down hats. Great customer service here too…I exchanged a few emails with him before ordering and he was very prompt and answered my questions. Shipping was quick as well. I also agree with you about the care Evan took in packaging the order. Very nice and professional. Not that this makes the product better, but as far as the product is concerned, it speaks for itself…sweet stuff!

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I have been meaning to post something very similar to David's post above. I ordered a Hadron and received timely emails about the order & shipping. I also appreciated the handwritten note on the bag. Maybe this won't be possible if BRG ever gets larger, but it is appreciated and really shows the level of care that Evan has for his products.

It is hard to believe there is anything in the shipping envelope when it arrives b/c it is just so light!

Hadron

Matthew Zion

@mzion

Locale: Boulder, CO

I just ordered a vest from Evan. I haven't received it yet but he was fantastic to deal with — I think he responded to my emails within 5 or 10 minutes.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Absolutely great with me, too.

Zack h
    BPL Member

@want2belite

I've been meaning to write to BRG to him know just how much I love this hat. After multiple emails back and forth I was assured I'd never pick up my wool hat again…..and he was right! Since October I have never been without my original style BRG hat. I have been thoroughly satisfied by how warm and light it is. It fits under my both my chainsaw and snowboard helmets fluffs up after, and has surpassed my expectations in terms of wet weather. I have not been kind to this hat and it keeps on giving. IMO, the cost for the new water resistant hadron shouldn't be a factor if a hat is more than a piece of trail gear for you….

The quality is top notch and personal interaction with the maker is priceless.

Gregory Wallace

@gregory71

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

+1 on both the product and the personalized service. I couldn't be happier with my original BRG hat!! Thanks, Evan.

James Loy
    BPL Member

@jimbluz

Locale: Pacific NW

The only issue I've had with BRG (if indeed it is an issue!) is that after getting a product from them, you'll be so impressed you'll want more! Thanks Evan.

Steve B
    BPL Member

@geokite

Locale: Southern California

Just ordered a Hadron, so looking forward to such a nice piece of clothing. 0.15oz lighter than my fleece hat, woo-hoo!

Steve

Matthew Zion

@mzion

Locale: Boulder, CO

Vest just came in the mail today. Scales in at 108 g (3.8 oz) in medium. Been walking around with it on all day haha.

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

I'd love to see some pics of that vest in action. In a world where i had money to replace my Costco myog vest thats exactly what i'd buy.

mark cole
    BPL Member

@marklivia

Matt, how much loft is there in the vest?

Ryan Wiley
    BPL Member

@huskerhiker

Locale: So Cal

I've had about 5 different orders from BRG, and everytime they've done a spectacular job of communicating and delivering an awesome product. Its really how every shopping experience should be.

I'm hoping they expand that vest to a jacket one of these days.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools