Topic

Small things that make my day

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Small things that make my day

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Walking I use two Gatorade 600ml bottles . One with water and the other with a home made electrolyte powder.
    I wash the bottles after every walk.
    Last time by mistake I tossed the lid of the two in the rubbish.
    So , as I do when I need a new bottle, I was looking for discarded Gatorade bottles to replace those tops.
    Today I remembered to do so and just a few minutes from home spotted a twist top on a soft drink bottle that looked the right size.
    Took it home and found out that it does indeed fit my bottles. You need to remove the "ring" that remains after you twist the original top off.
    Twist top
    Now I can drink using one hand only…
    Franco

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Used them back in 2003. Propel bottles have the same cap in blue. Those caps fit the wide mouth aquafina and pepsi bottles. No worry about having to remove the cap (and possibly loose it) to drink. It is heavier than regular caps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools