Topic

Can you edit the original post of a thread?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Can you edit the original post of a thread?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    allen force
    BPL Member

@yknott456

Locale: Florida

I'm seeing posts that say you can and posts that say you can't. When I try clicking the "edit" icon of the original post it bring up a window to "add" a post. I just want to put the words "price drop" in the title for the thread/original post.

Al

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Click on the box at lower left with a pencil in it

Your original post will appear

Edit

Click on the "post message" button

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"I just want to put the words "price drop" in the title for the thread/original post."

You can change the title of the original post, you can't change the title of the thread. Those are two separate things.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

As above…

What you cannot never change: thread title
    What you can change: post title and body

When you start a post, you fill in the "Subject" box. This becomes the thread title and post title. These two titles start off one and the same.

After you posted, you can go back and edit the post title and body as many times as you want — but not the initial thread title.

The unchangeable tread title shows up on the branch's listing of threads. The changeable post title shows up in the specific post itself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools