Topic

MLD SoloMid Stripped Down Weight Sil or Cuben

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD SoloMid Stripped Down Weight Sil or Cuben

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Can any SoloMid owners or Ron, confirm what the weight of the SoloMid is when stripped down as much as possible? (Removing line-locs, long guy lines, zip pulls, etc). The MLD site says this drops ~2oz from the weight. If you own cuben or sil please indicate and list the actual weighed on scale max stripped weight you achieved or feel it could be… Thanks!

wander lust
    Spectator

@sol

I cannot comment on the weight savings.

But I wouldn't get ride of the line-locs.

They help you pitching your mid, especially if it is the silnylon one or you got to pitch it on uneven ground.

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

I responded to you on facebook and just want to say I agree that removing the line-locs from a MID is just not a good choice.

John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

My SoloMid in Cuben weighs 10.5 oz or 297 g and this includes linelocs and line supplied at purchase.
    I agree with the above posters, and wouldn't remove the linelocs either. Great design as is.
    Fred

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Thank you everyone for you thoughtful replies. However, I did not ask about whether line locs are good. I just need the weight of the shelter.

@fredfoto
    The MLD site says the cuben weighs 9oz stock, yet yours weights 10.5oz. Are you including stuff sack and stakes?

Can someone who owns one, please weigh it with every non-permanently attached item removed? So no stuff sack, no guy line that is not sewn on, no stakes and no line locs if not perm attached.

Thanks

John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

Thats for shelter and linelocks and line only, no stakes or stuff sack. Mine is a couple of years old.
    Cheers,
    Fred

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

nm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools