Topic

my first myog

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear my first myog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cody DePaolis

@cdepaolis

Locale: west coast

after hiking 2200 miles of the pacific crest trail last year i realized how cheap and poorly made gear really was. i had everything from the precip that was the biggest waste of 100 bucks in lone pine i made. to packs ripping and alot of sewing before bed. i did a lot of thinking and reading and decided to take it head on. i took almost 32 hours designing it from scratch and having a finished product. i still need to do a few things but this was the first time i have ever operated a sewing machine. i made it out of rip stop nylon from joanns who was having a sale for 5 bucks a yard. i used straps off an old pack cause i wasnt sure of em but now im confident to say that i can and will make them for my next pack. my hipbelt uses my socks for padding which has worked incredibly well through my testing over the past week. i have came up with a list of things to do different and ideas on my next pack.first homemade packother side

Ozzy McKinney
    Spectator

@porcupinephobia

Locale: PNW

Looks great, way better than my first myog attempt. Gotta love Joanns "utility fabric". Only thing I would point out is that front pocket doesn't look like it really has a way to drain. might not even be an issue. way to take matters into your own hands!

Corey Miller

@coreyfmiller

Locale: Eastern Canada

My first MYOG project was a stuff sack. Kudos, nice looking bag! What plan did you go off of to make this? I wouldnt mine making a pack like this with some stretchy material on the back instead of your pocket.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools