Topic

Backwoods.com Customer Service = Awesome

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Backwoods.com Customer Service = Awesome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a couple of old version NeoAirs on sale at Backwoods.com. I was lucky in that I got in on the sale early while they were still in stock. Later that day I got a shipping notice. But when I clicked on the tracking link the next morning, it said that my package had already been delivered to Denton, Texas (shipped from Austin). I live in Montana, clear problem.

So I called up customer service, and the rep assured me that the order had my correct address, and she didn't understand why the tracking would take it to Denton. She figured the tracking number got mixed up somehow with another order. The package should still come in.

Well, two weeks later, no NeoAirs. So, I called up customer service again, told them the story, and the rep I talked to took a little time trying to figure out what had happened. He called me back after a few minutes and said it would take them a while to sort this out, but the company wanted to make things right with me. So, he offered to ship me two NeoAir All Season mattresses at no additional cost. Great deal, but that was heavier than I was looking for, especially for 3-season hiking. He understood, so he offered me two of the XLites as replacements, and of course I said yes to that.

So kudos to Backwoods.com for going above and beyond to take care of a customer. I know a few here have had some issues with them after that sale, and I don't want to diminish your problem. But I did want to share how impressed I am with how they handled me. They've definitely earned a repeat customer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools