Topic

Northern England-Hadrain’s Wall

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Northern England-Hadrain’s Wall

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Lowe

@jefflarmain

Doing My first multiday trip as a civilian. (I'm in the military and not unacustomed to "rucking"). I also have limited climbing experience on two continents (N america and Europe). I am interested to talk to anyone that has either done the 84 mile hike or a similar hike.

Andy Howell

@ecotrend

Jeff,

I've not done this route but I understand that it is not too demanding. People say that it is a fantastic walk though. Enjoy yourself. Want to do it myself sometime.

Colin Parkinson

@parkinson1963

This is a B&B walk. There is only one stretch where you have to camp. The rest of the trip you can stay at B&Bs each night. A very civilized trip. Good hiking during the day, warm bed at night and a pub near by, Perfect.

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

I've done the coast-to-coast hike. If you have a chance, give that a go. Excellent.

Andrew Munro

@munro90

hey
    i have grown up living in the north east of england and for much of the time i lived just off the wall in a town called hexham. while i have never hiked the entire wall i spent many days while younger on day hikes along the wall.

you will find the paths well maintained and well used. the path undulates greatly but this just adds to the joy of walking it giving some magnificent views. towns along the wall are fairly common so resupply should be no problem and as mentioned above it is quite possible to b&b much of the way.

Top Tip:-
    bring a coat and expect to use it!!!

all the best and good luck
    andrew

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Locale: The North, Scotland

I have done quite a lot of it; bit by bit.

A nice walk – very easy going. If you cannot find lot's of advice online let me know and I can send various URL's that detail accommodation etc etc….

The first sections are through a city….not my choice; but you might find it interesting…???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools