Topic

Help novice guy pick the lightest decent camera

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Help novice guy pick the lightest decent camera

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Heya,
    I'm really really camera dumb. I can't even spell aperture. But I love pictures and video of my backpacking trips.
    Can anyone recommend a decent lightweight option that costs under $200?

Ideally less than 2 ounces would rock for decent video and pictures. Am I dreamin?

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

Less than two ounces is probably dreaming.

This Panasonic camera shoots decent photos and video, is waterproof, shockproof, and freezeproof, and costs about $150:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/723269-REG/Panasonic_DMC_TS10S_Lumix_DMC_TS10_Digital_Camera.html

It weighs 154 grams without the battery. Just turn it on the "intelligent auto" mode and fire away.

You can spend the extra money on a spare battery (if your trips go more than a day or two), and a 16GB SDHC card.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools