Topic

GOW ,part 2

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports GOW ,part 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

More pics
    GOW 13
    GOW 14
    GOW 15
    GOW 16
    If you look in between Yair and Salva you can see the dominant male roo (Eastern Grey) .
    He is on the trail at the edge of the mob (below him) , the other males are also spread at the edge of the circle with the females and joeys in the center .
    The circle in this case was about 200 or so feet wide, often it is only 100' or less.
    That male hopped a few yards below ,waited for us and then followed us till we were at what he considered a safe distance .
    If we had moved directly towards him he would probably run away (with the mob ) however at times they will defend their territory and attack.
    So do not fool around with them if not very familiar with their behaviour.
    (he is big enough to kill a person…)
    GOW 18
    GOW 17
    GOW 20
    GOW 21
    GOW 23
    GOW 24
    GOW 25
    12 apostles
    And one with me…
    I'm the one on the left
    Final shot

Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

Very nice, Franco. I love the ocean almost as much as the mountains, so I find trips like this especially appealing. Some of those pictures remind me of the northern California coastline.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Hi Chris
    Me too…
    As usual Yair was there , he is from Israel but likes the mountains and particularly anywhere cold.
    He makes me suffer snowshoeing so I make him suffer in the heat…
    (we had 80-85% humidity the last three days and nights)
    The other guy ,Salvatore (the walking Vaude ad) , is from Ticino in Switzerland , next door from where I came from .
    Next trip we will take him up to our mountains . Not that high but good enough.
    Franco

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools