Topic

Backcountry.com Titanium Pot Sets 50% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Backcountry.com Titanium Pot Sets 50% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Gutwein
    BPL Member

@syntax

Screaming price, good quality. Just got one of each myself for free shipping (total was $54). Don't need em, got them as gifts.

http://www.backcountry.com/backcountry-titanium-cookset-1100ml

http://www.backcountry.com/backcountry-titanium-cookset-1650ml

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

i thought i might even get a better deal since there is a code on their facebook welcome page for 25% off any goat gear – 76A-1-EWNJZ

however, it won't apply and after talking to one of their customer service reps, they said it expired even though its still up on their facebook page. so if anyone can get backcountry to honor that coupon, you'll get a really good deal.

Also, i asked their rep what kind of non-stick coating was used, and they said it doesn't actually have any coating, its considered non-stick because its titanium.

Aidan Kerr
    BPL Member

@akerr

Locale: Northeast

Darn your post, i just had to buy one for myself too…Valentine's day gift for myself? That's my justification for my wife anyway

Terry G
    BPL Member

@delvxe

Locale: Pacific Northwest

does anyone know the inside diameter for the 1100ml pot? The site says only 11cm x 11.5cm, but it is not clear if this is inside our outside diameter.

Joshua Smith

@stormico

I did get them to honor the additional 25% off since this coupon code is clearly posted with no restrictions on their facebook welcome page. I believe it saved another $7.40 or so off the price. I tried to do this online through their chat assistance, but that guy told me it expired Dec. 31,2011. They honored it over the telephone however. Hopefully they will either take 5 minutes to get that coupon code down or continue to honor the 25% savings.

Terry G
    BPL Member

@delvxe

Joshua, When you get your pot, would you mind measuring the inside diameter and posting here? I want to see if this will fit the bushbuddy.

Thanks

Joshua Smith

@stormico

Sure, but I ordered the 1650ml (just had a baby girl born so I'm thinking larger), and it looks like you want the 1100 measurements? I would call them, they are quite helpful and it's quick to get someone on the line. 1.800.409.4502

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

i just called in my order and they honored the facebook deal since there's no restrictions for sale items or any expiration date.

so if you're wanting a very cheap cookset, there you go. $20.25 for the 1100ml, or $22.13 for the 1650ml

after looking at the specs, the 1100 ml pot should fit my bushbuddy and a regular canister, and it'll nest nicer than my montbell #1 pot.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Locale: San Francisco bay area

I'm not familiar with cooking with these types of pots, I'm just emerging from only having Trangia experience so guidance please?

I don't see the benefit of the way the pan/lid is resting ontop of the larger lower pot. It makes the pot smaller. Surely its better to have a taller pot and the pan rest outside/inside fully so the pot is larger?

I'm aiming to get a Caldera Cone, once I've picked my pots.

Terry G
    BPL Member

@delvxe

@Joshua, sorry, i didn't see you were looking at the larger pot. Yes, I am really only interested in the 1100. Thanks anyway.

T

Mark Thompson

@meshark

Locale: Midwest

Thanks for the post, I went ahead got one of each. My first two ti pots! Any one of my good friends just got a scale, here we go….

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

my 1100 came in, tried out the lid to fry and egg and its just the right size for one egg, and it worked well with some olive oil with no sticking. it has a much different finish than my montbell pot set, and i think it will nest my bushbuddy and other stoves better than my montbell, but doesn't have as much surface area on the bottom as my wider montbell pot. i wonder if that'll affect the boil time?

Edit: it weights exactly 6 oz, 6.5 if you include the stuff sack. fits my buxhbuddy and my 8oz gas canister perfectly (not at the same time of course)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools