Topic

FYI – Montane sale at Left Lane Sports – starts 2/13 7am PT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals FYI – Montane sale at Left Lane Sports – starts 2/13 7am PT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

I have no idea exactly what products LLS will have available, but Montane does make some interesting gear – hopefully the sale will include a few windshirts and lightweight shells for the BPL crowd. To access the site you'll need to set up a login (the site operates very similarly to The Clymb – except to join you don't need to give someone referral credit).

LLS URL:

http://www.leftlanesports.com

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Locale: San Francisco bay area

I signed up to see.

They charge shipping and tax, so a $59 item becomes $72. If you could get the $10 referral credit then obviously back down to $62

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

The Tumalo by Golite is a better rain jacket for less money and only an ounce and a half more in weight. I don't even look at softshells so the only thing there was possibly the Super Fly Rain pants.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Yeah, the sale is nothing special. A cheap, relatively light softshell jacket (well, light for a softshell, at least) and some eVent pants. Nothing I don't already have or need.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

The $10 referral credit doesn't seem to work or takes a while to appear. Using 2 email addresses to cross-refer to get in effect $10 off first order and $10 off the 2nd order, doesn't work, perhaps it takes a business day to ripple-through.

"And since you have been invited, you'll receive an instant $10 shopping credit towards your first purchase. When you spend $50 or more, your credit will be instantly added to your order! "

(notice no * conditions like non-sale items only)
    When I add a $59 item, up to the point of "purchase" button there is not $10 supplied.

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Nigel,

Did you sign up with them directly or by using an "invite" from someone. If you sign up directly I don't think you get the $10.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

two email addresses "Joe" and say "Jane", "Joe" signs up, invites "Jane" and "Jane" is meant to get $10 credit and when "Jane" buys something >$50 then "Jane" is meant to get a $10 credit (but apparently doesn't) and "Joe" is meant to get a $10 credit (possibly, need to let "Jane" order to see if that's true either.

e.g. husband and wife at same location.

If all they claimed was true then two people get $10 each off.

Because LLS charges postage and tax they are offsetting plenty of the % discount. For an item a little over $50 (say the Montane softshell $59) then $59 becomes $72 (post+tax) goes back down to $49+p+t = $60. All in theory.

"Official Rules

Shopping credits are applied instantly to your account upon the invitee's first purchase totaling $50 or more. Any credits currently earned from your invitees will be instantly applied to any purchase totaling $50 or more. Please note that you cannot refer yourself, and you must provide a valid email address for your invitee. One LLS account per person. All credits expire 6 months after being issued. This offer cannot be applied retroactively and must be redeemed at the time of your purchase. This offer has no cash value and is non-transferable. Offer, prices, and credit amounts are subject to change without notice, and LLS reserves the right to refuse any redemption due to fraud, misuse, or misrepresentation of the program, as determined by LLS at its sole discretion. Other terms and conditions may apply. Void where prohibited. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion and is subject to restrictions."

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

So I figured it out.
    Invite another person (different email address).
    LOG OUT OF LLS. If you don't then the next step doesn't work.
    The other person clicks on the link in the invite, they fill in registration form and it should correctly state the inviter's email address. If you didn't logout then this screen will NOT have the inviter's email address.

Then you see the $10 credit which is after tax, which is obviously not as good as before tax, means those in no sales-tax states give LLS less profit.

Place order, ensuring delivery address and billing address correct e.g. deliver to inviter not invitee.

Order placed.

A little while later, in my case an hour later, $10 credit to inviter, valid for 6 months

"Dear YYYY,

CONGRATUALTIONS! Your friend XXXX just made a purchase on LeftLane Sports!

As a thank you for inviting XXXX, we are giving you an instant $10 Shopping Credit. It's already been added to your account, and it will be automatically applied to your next purchase of $50 or more in merchandise! "

Recommend setting up all accounts in advance. The inviter only gets $10 off an item $50 or more, whilst the invitee gets $10 off anything, so if there's 2 items of interest, one over $50 and one under $50 then the inviter should get the higher cost item. If there 3 items then need 3 accounts and inviter gets $20 off the >$50 item and the other two get $10 off the <$50 item, etc. Or, accumulate multiple $10 off from any smaller items and accumulat $10/$20/$30 off the large items. In effect, equals a max 20% discount coupon code.

I notice in this sale, the better Montane stuff seems for women, I was originally from UK and a de-facto item was a windshirt, common is a Litespeed.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Montane Krypton, large, arrived today, 2 days from order. I got the right size. Its just perfectly fits me all over. Which is odd, this is 5th Montane top I have.

The Montane Litespeed, in medium is baggy all over, in fact I layer it over a Patagonia Sweater to boost its insulation or protect the fabric when required, it even fits over a high-loft down like Montbell Alpine Light, but removing some loft.

The Montane Prism, in medium, is a little baggy, and has more room than this Montane Krypton but Prism medium has slightly shorter sleeves than Krypton large.

Montane Velo, is in medium is a little tighter than this Krypton large across the chest but the same arm length.

Montane Slipstream Gilet, in medium is a little tighter but not by much, than this Krypton large.

So if it weren't for the "L" on the Krypton garment I'd says its a medium. Perfect fit though, sleeves, torso, hood, everything. I just need to figure out what it is for…. more active use when a Litespeed not enough, chilly-weather rushing around town on a bike going indoors/outdoors and need a good wicking? A tight-fitting non-stretchy garment is a puzzle as to its intended purpose.

On Kitchen Scales (not accurate on absolute but use as a sign of relative), Litespeed 150g, Prism 350g, Krypton 400g – so yes a 40g Primaloft insulating jacket is a little lighter than the lightly insulated Krypton, if you were packing for insulation then the Krypton won't win.

FYI for any cyclists out there, it has nil reflective piping at all, apart from the Montane logo on one side of the hood, but that probably makes it look a little smarter. That might be one thing to use this work, not backpacking at all but over a work shirt when you need a bit of insulation?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools