Topic

Kelty Light Year +20 650 Down $75.00

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Kelty Light Year +20 650 Down $75.00

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason Williams

@whiskey

Locale: Middle Tennessee

Sport Chalet has women's Kelty Light Year +20 down bags on sale for 75.00 and free shipping. If you have a wife or kid that needs a decent bag, this is a good deal. We have one for my daughter and we haven't had it out below 40 degrees, so can't speak to the rating. It is an EN rated bag. Say's it fits to 5'6" but I'd say 5'4" would be more comfortable.

http://www.sportchalet.com/nav/i/category/outdoor/sleeping+bags/300270_3051607/*/on+sale/true/n/4294967274.do?sortby=priceDescend

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Based off the EN rating it's really a 32F bag, and heavy for the warmth, but still a great deal for the price.

Paul Johnson
    BPL Member

@johncooper

Locale: SoCal

Why not a Kelty Cosmic Down 20 degree short instead? Same price at Sport Chalet. Same size, but a bit lighter at 2lb 3oz versus 2lb 10oz. I bought this for my daughter.

Jason Williams

@whiskey

Locale: Middle Tennessee

I planned to buy the Cosmic, but from what I could find the differance in weight was in the down fill. The Cosmic is a 550 fill and a lower ounce weight than the Light Year's 650 fill at a higher (20?)ounce weight. Since it was for my daughter, I wanted the warmth over weight. She's a cold sleeper. I think both bags are great values for the occasional weekender.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools