Topic

Dirty Girl Gaiters?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Dirty Girl Gaiters?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ryan

@sixguns01

Locale: Somewhere. Probably lost.

Thoughts?? Anyone out there in BPL use these?? Size 11 shoe, do they run small or big?

Thanks

Christopher Yi
    Spectator

@traumahead

Locale: Cen Cal

Sizing is normal, using the 9.5-11 on my size 10 trail runners and they fit fine.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Mark,

I use them, I love them and they run true to size!

Any other questions?

Party On,

Newton ;-)

R S

@rps76

Would you guys recommend the Dirty Girl's over the LevaGaiter?

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

+1 On DIRTY GIRL GAITERS…I am a size 13 and they fit fine.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

I love my Dirty Girls! The only situation where they are not up to task is snow where you will be postholing. Can't beat the price and it is certainly a conversation starter when you go into town.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Highly recommended. Breathe well in hot weather, quality lyrca fabric, trail tested by ultra marathon runners, not only backpackers. After 5 years, I'm only on my second pair.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

"Would you guys recommend the Dirty Girl's over the LevaGaiter"?

Give me a pair of Dirty Girls anytime! Gaiters that is…LOL

Who needs black and gray as their only color choices for a nickel under eight bucks more per pair?

Party On,

Newton

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

The Dirty Girls require gluing on a velcro tab to work properly and the levagaiters do not. So the price difference between something that requires you to permanently alter your shoes and to buy new velcro with every shoe replacement vs a single piece of gear that works by itself is warranted.

Now in practice is one better than the other, not really just depends on what you prefer.

Scott S

@sschloss1

Locale: New England

I liked the design and fit of Dirty Girls, but the stitching on mine started to unravel within the first 100 miles of use (all of which was on well-maintained trails). I ended up going over all of the stitching with a sewing machine before my PCT thru-hike. Even then, the hook came off of one pair 2/3 of the way through the trail. YMMV.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

"… requires you to permanently alter your shoes and to buy new velcro with every shoe replacement vs a single piece of gear that works by itself is warranted".

My Dirty Girl gaiters were shipped to me with enough supplied velcro to handle 4 pair of my shoes. I hike in Merrell Moab Ventilators.

velcro applied to the rear of the shoe sole

If you use a silicone based product and locate the velcro on a portion of the heel of the shoe that is part of the sole, the velcro and the adhesive can be peeled off. I found this to be true after hiking through some rockier portions of the AT last October. I visited the local outfitter and was gifted with enough seam seal to reattach the velcro to the heel of my shoe. I finished the last 50 miles of our hike without further incident.

YMMV

Party On,

Newton

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Made my own, wore them for 2 months straight in Europe.
    Yeah, I liked them.

Cheers

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools