Topic

Crazy for Quilts – How Quilts Became My Sleep System of Choice, PLUS A Review of My Favorite, the Stateless Society Custom Quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Crazy for Quilts – How Quilts Became My Sleep System of Choice, PLUS A Review of My Favorite, the Stateless Society Custom Quilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Anthony, could you measure single layer loft?

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

The bag is designed to come up to the neck and then I wear a Crestone hood or a hat in warmer weather. It's designed for someone 5'10", I'm 5' 11" but it fits comfortably. It does have an narrow footbox, I take a size 9 1/2 and if my feet were larger I would need the next size up.

The single layer loft is about 3 inches with the 3 oz overfill, 900 fill. I'll do a review once I've had it out on a few trips. The 7d is tightly woven and should also make a for a warmer bag which is what I wanted.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

That's very interesting. Anthony, yours is a 20*F bag with overfill.

The one that I had my hands on the other day was a 30*F bag, and the single layer loft was 3" on it. Maybe it had been over-fluffed.

–B.G.–

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

Bob, I'm conservative in my guess work. I'll let you know how warm it is, I'm going to spend a week in snow country.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Yeah, I'm chicken. When it comes to a snow camping trip, I generally carry a sleeping bag good for -10*F or -20*F.

–B.G.–

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

I also have the 20 degree bag in medium, but mine measures 5'5" for the external length. Is it possible that yours is the long, Anthony? That should be 4" longer.
    I got 1 oz of overfill and the single layer loft varies between 3 3/8" and 3 1/2".
    Edited to add:
    I went back and measured again. The first measurement was running the tape across the top of the fully lofted baffles. Measuring it again but flattening the bulge in the centre of the baffles gave a length of 5'10", as did measuring it along the line of the zip.

First Last
    BPL Member

@snusmumriken

Locale: SF Bay Area

Not sure I understand the terminology correctly. You say single layer loft of 3 inches. The photo shows a loft of a little less than 4 inches at the foot box. Wouldn't that imply a 2 inch single layer loft?

Ronda Nelson
    BPL Member

@pinoakrd

Ray,
    in the picture 'Horseshoe Meadows in Sequoia NF bracketed by my kids’ GoLite UltraLite 3 quilts' what tent are you using?

Thanks,

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools