Topic

Backpack Guide Done

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Backpack Guide Done

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris M
    BPL Member

@kringle

Locale: California

I've been working on this guide for about 2 weeks now, and I finally finished it.

It is really long, but that is mostly because I put pretty big pictures in it to help out.

I posted about the pack a week or so ago, but I had my first chance to use it the other day. Put about 15 lbs into it and went for a hike for about 4 hours with my dad. Ended up doing a decent bit of off trail stuff and scrambling/sliding up and down rocks, and the pack carried well even through those environments.

Hopefully some people out there will find the guide helpful. I plan on doing another one in the future on a much more simple, SUL type pack as well, and I'll post dimensions of my planned 40L version of the pack on my blog soon also.

http://kringlelight.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/kringle-pack-version-2-0/

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Nice set of directions. Nice pictures. It's difficult to write up something like that.

Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

That's incredible- very nice guide…

BM

Chris M
    BPL Member

@kringle

Locale: California

Thanks for the comments. It was a lot more than I expected going into it. There were a lot more steps than the quilt had. I should hopefully be able to get some more pictures when I make my 40L version sometime in the coming months if anyone finds parts that don't make much sense.

Keith Bassett

@keith_bassett

Locale: Pacific NW

Very nice work. Good descriptions, and great diagrams.

Nice looking final product, too.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Chris,
    Great pack tutorial with photos great looking pack this should be the go to photo tutorial for would be pack makers so they can see what we all do to a make pack.
    Terry

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Thanks for all your work.

Nice contribution. Very helpful and clear.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Chris,

That must have been a ton of work! Thank you very much for posting and sharing.

It's a very impressive piece of work with all of the material and knowledge sources spelled out and referenced with active embedded links.

Very well done!

Party On,

Newton

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools