Topic

Noseeum vs Nanoseem durability

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Noseeum vs Nanoseem durability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

What are the thoughts regarding noseeum vs. nanoseeum for a net tent, especially when children are involved? If it were just me, I could baby my fragile gear, but I can't expect the same from young kids.

Thanks,
    BM

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

I have not noticed any difference while having my kids in both. We try to have play time outside and reading/planning/map time inside.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

My kids were trained from birth that the tent is there to keep rain/sun/bugs away and not for touching. They appreciate that the fabric is fragile and I will be upset if they damage it. For them, the fabric durability is no more an issue than with a responsible adult.

OPC (Other People's Children) are another matter. A tent looks like a bounce-house to them.

Funny thing is we had 3 tents up in the yard over the weekend. My 8 year old was schooling his friends on proper tent care!

Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

Sounds reasonable enough.

My kids have been surprisingly well behaved around my tarp when I've had it pitched in the backyard. The only incident was when my 9yr old poked a tiny hole in it with a stick. He's completely incapable of leaving sticks alone. It's like a subconscious compulsion. A lot of times I don't even think he even realizes he's got a stick in his hand until I'm taking it away from him… I expressed my dissatisfaction, I think quite adequately, though it really wasn't that big of a deal.

The tarp was my first myog project, made from wicked cheap Walmart 30d ripstop, that I later siliconized myself… But then I wasn't happy with my side guy out loops so I ripped them out (leaving many small holes, yet to be patched) to relocate them…

Thanks,
    BM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools