Topic

Soft Billed Hat

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Soft Billed Hat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tipi Walter
    BPL Member

@tipiwalter

Anyone know where I can get a replacement to my old Mt Hardwear soft bill baseball-style cap? Patagonia and Mt Hardwear used to make outstanding backpacking hats with soft bills which could be stuffed in my pocket or pack or wrung out when wet, etc. Anyone know of a decent source for a lightweight style hat??

Robert Devereux
    Spectator

@robdev

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

Both Outdoor Research and Sunday Afternoons make hats with split bills that can be folded and put in a pocket. OR is a military style hat, while SA makes a military one and a baseball cap style one.

I've recently started getting hats custom made by Endless Hats: http://www.endlessrecordsbloomsburg.com/garments/
    She makes her hats with soft bills.

Tipi Walter
    BPL Member

@tipiwalter

Thanks for the reply. This is what I'm looking for—

Soft Hat

Hat

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

I have one made by mammut and one that is made by prana but I don't remember the name on these hats.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

REI Sahara River Cap

Mountain Hardwear Canyon Sun Hiker

Mountain Hardwear Geist- no adjustable sizing

Before you buy, make sure the brim is foam stiffened and crushable (I think you are wanting that) since REI still has one other hat wrongly listed as having a foam stiffened brim.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

One more possibly Montbell Mesh Crusher Cap.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools