Topic

BMW Quilt Questions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) BMW Quilt Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aaron eshelman
    BPL Member

@djaaronreed

Locale: Central Rockies

In the recent Backpacker Gear Guide, the the new line of BMW Quilts are listed as being 20 degree quilts. Does anyone have any proof to this claim other than what is printed? Or is this temp reachable with the normal "with clothes" ultralite way of thinking… I'm sure it's definitely possible, but would like confirmation/denial along with details!

Any release date yet? Either way, really looking forward to picking one up to try out.

Matthew L.
    BPL Member

@gungadin

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

These do look amazing; I hope they turn out as well as BMW's other products. They are advertised in the print magazine, and they seem well thought out. They will probably sell out very quickly!

Brian James

@bjamesd

Locale: South Coast of BC

Since BPL is so picky about sleeping bag ratings, one can only assume that the BPL quilts have been tested via impeccable procedure using industry standards:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/bpl_sleeping_bag_position_statement.html

Can anyone at BPL confirm or deny?

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I haven't seen the Backpacker Gear Guide, so I apologize if this is duplicate information. Anyway, the manufacturer website http://www.bozemanmountainworks.com has some mildly detailed specs on the quilts for weight, fabrics, and insulation choices. No loft measurements were given that I could find. Hope that helps–they look really cool!

-Mark

Brian James

@bjamesd

Locale: South Coast of BC

^my understanding is that BMW and BPL are the same thing: projects of Ryan Jordan. BPL drives BMW equipment sales and BMW drives BPL membership sales. And Arctic1000 was a project to drive both.

I think it's a stellar setup; it's refreshing to see a gear maker taking so much interest in the community he serves. You just have to remember what other hats he wears when you read his treatises on what is and isn't best to take hiking.

I'm not suggesting that he's biased; in fact I'm sure that if he thought that down was better for a sleep system he'd only make down products.

Nonetheless, if either company ever went public he would have to do a tonne of disclosure to avoid SorbOx issues…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools