Topic

SevenD

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear SevenD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Cheifetz
    BPL Member

@mike_hefetz

Locale: Israel

Is the infamous 7D only the stuff sold by TiGoat?

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

There are plenty of options for 7D fabric. Pertex Quantum is one of the more commonly used by big brands. The trade name "SevenD" is a 7 denier (technically 7d by 10d) fabric offered by TiGoat and is pretty much the only 7d fabric made available for the MYOG community. Thru-hiker has some similar products in this weight category but one is of unknown denier (M50) and the other is a 10d (M55)

Michael Cheifetz
    BPL Member

@mike_hefetz

Locale: Israel

So what you are saying is that if i buy a bag form cottage mfg (joe, ben etc) they are sourcing it form Tigoat?

do you happen to know the "official" designation of the relevant pertex quantum fabric (i see TNF has it) no one is selling this even in uk?

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Locale: Ruta Locura

Michael

Yes, the 7D(SevenD) fabric being used by US cottage manufactures, is coming from Titanium Goat.

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

Josh, any idea when the 7x7d silnylon might become available to the MYOG crowd? I realize that you are no longer directly involved with everyday operations at TiGoat, but I thought you might have a guess.

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Locale: Ruta Locura

It wont be available until summer. I am holding it hostage ;-) Until then it will be available in products built by myself and a couple of other cottage manufactures.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools