Topic

Why Should the NE Be So Special? Southeast/GA Group Trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Why Should the NE Be So Special? Southeast/GA Group Trip

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Chris M
    BPL Member

@kringle

Locale: California

I was contacted recently by a fellow BPL member in Georgia who suggested that we try to set up a group trip. It sounded like a great idea to me, so I am here to try to find some others. I know we have some BPL members in the GA/SC/NC area.

Currently, I just want to see what kind of interest I can get with the idea, and then we can take the steps to find a route and date once we have some people willing to go. I'd probably be thinking somewhere in the West NC area as a good location for just about everybody though.

Any others out there interested in a good ole BPL meetup?

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

if I'm not hanging out with the CA BPL folks. I live in north ATL so NC would be no problem.

Scott Haddon

@rebeldawg63

Locale: Southeast

Have been looking to do some hiking on the weekends. I'm game if you are?
    3 day pack base under 9lbs winter setup: do have a hexamid twin thats sub 16.5oz with ground sheet.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

DO IT!

your NE brethren fully support this, they're a great time. If your in the Southeast definitely get involved in this!

Brad Fisher
    Spectator

@wufpackfn

Locale: NC/TN/VA Mountains

Link to the Southern Appalachian Backpacking light Facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956/

Maybe this will help.

Brad Fisher

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

I was just getting on here to post this Chris

I know there are enough of us just in the Atlanta city limits to constitute a carpool and I believe there are some more BPLers slightly north too.

I second the Facebook page, ive been on there but never been able to make it to events.

Kenneth Houseal
    BPL Member

@homewardbound

I'm one of those slightly north of the ATL :)! Dawsonville Ga, My house is 3 miles from Amicalola Falls.

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

How would the last weekend in March sound to you all that are interested?

Chris M
    BPL Member

@kringle

Locale: California

I'll hopefully be able to do the last weekend of March. I am hoping to hear from a new job opportunity in the next two weeks, so I may end up being busy.

Also, the Facebook group mentioned seems very active. Anything we post here should get mentioned there as well I think.

scri bbles
    BPL Member

@scribbles

Locale: Atlanta, GA

North ATL suburbs, checking in.

Emil Gazda

@emilio

Locale: Southeast

Just curious if you were able to get anything together with the local BPL community. My backyard is FDR State Park and we have about 43 miles of nice trail here being at the southern most end of the Appalachians in GA. It could possibly be a future trip location.

I would be interested in a group trip like the BMT or Cohutta. Being relatively new to backpacking and a family man, I've never been on trips farther than FDR or Providence Canyon. I would like to plan a few weekend trips outside of my regular haunts this year.

Joslyn Bloodworth

@joslynb

Locale: Southwest

If you can get an itinerary up and some solid dates, I'm interested in NE Atlanta!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools