Topic

LAUFBURSCHE Webshop opening soon!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) LAUFBURSCHE Webshop opening soon!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

LAUFBURSCHE just announced that they plan to open their long-expected webshop by the end of February!

Exciting! That should mean it should soon be very easy to order a huckePACK or huckePĂ„CKchen (or a Cuben Laavu, or a Tanzpalast… =)

/Edit: Its open! Head over to laufbursche-gear.de to get a Handmade in Germany Pack!

Christian Denniston
    BPL Member

@davidulhike

I may be wrong, but it feels like I have been hearing this for a long time, haha. Regardless I am very excited to be able to easily look at their products, different options, and be able to easily purchase one. Thanks for keeping people informed.

Erik Hagen
    BPL Member

@ewh100

Locale: SF Bay Area

I'll be all over that Laavu if it becomes available. I've been wanting a cuben fiber mid in a similar design as my Golite Hex and that looks like the ticket. Can't wait.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I'm with Erik on this one. It still has a center pole which I am not a big fan of, but that Laavu still looks like a total winner.

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Christian, you might be right about that ;).

In March there's going to be a small one-week winter tour here, where so far at least one, possibly two Laavus will be present. I'll try to make a video and tempt you guys a tad more then =)

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

Is the opening date still going to happen by the end of the month? I'm hoping so… :)

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

I'm sorry but this photo…I still can't stop laughing. As in not a good laugh. As in the whole "WTF is that guy doing/wearing" laugh.
    Hahaha

Benjamin Moryson
    BPL Member

@hrxxl

Locale: Germany

Yeah it is a fantasdtic video. I made it some weeks ago when I met him at the new headquarter. The new huckePACK 2012 looks also nice.

Here are some photos of the new pack.
    http://hrxxlight.com/?p=1541

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

Wird der Webshop auf Englisch verfügbar sein, so dass nicht Deutsch sprechende Käufer in der Lage, einfach kaufen große Gegenstände?

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

a pair of thoughts come to mind….
    1. – maybe this is the opening month shot for the new "UL People of WalMart" calendar.
    2. – maybe this is how UL'rs look to rednecks ….

i'm from the bay area, and so can not possibly be blamed for either of those two thoughts.

Mateusz Szultk

@laufbursche-de

Locale: Cologne/ Germany

Dear Folks,

we are trying our best to open the webshop as soon as possible.

The web shop will be available in the medium term also on English, but not from the beginning, because the front end of our shopsystem does not support multiple languages.
    But we will wangle also this.

btw@paul

What I'm wearing?:

Sunglasses
    A Laufbursche huckePACKchen
    A Windshirt
    A Shorts with a tights
    Compression socks
    Gaiters
    and
    Five Fingers

That's the way we're going on trail.

What I'm doing?:
    Simply have fun!

Best regards,
    Laufbursche

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

And it is open. Get your credit cards out and head over to http://www.laufbursche-gear.de/ to get your choice of huckePACK!

Foo Bar
    BPL Member

@schassey

Locale: Bay Area

I had been looking forward to buying a huckePACK for months now, as it looks to be just the right balance of features, weight and capacity for me. And the top closure scheme is the most brilliant I've ever seen.

But ~$300?! That's considerably more money than I had anticipated having to spend to get one. I knew shipping would be a premium over MLD etc, but I didn't think the pack cost would be THAT much more.

Bummer. Don't think I can justify a $300 pack, however elegant it appears to be.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Yeah, the exchange rates and overseas shipping costs are deal killers. Same is true for our friends across the ocean and US goods unfortunately.

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

Yeah. I don't think I could justify paying $255 for a silnylon pack. And that's before shipping. Yikes.

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

We pay similar prices for US goods, so it goes both ways. Though with the current strong Euro it is of course a tad more in our favour. I can assure you that it is worth it, too!

Alasdair Fowler

@messiahkhan

Locale: Newcastle, UK

You don't even want to know how much I paid for my Cuben Fibre MLD Supermid once import duties/tax/shipping had been slapped on top!

Anyway, great news about the laufbursche shop opening. The huckePACK and huckePĂ„CKchen look like great packs. I am very tempted by a Cuben huckePĂ„CKchen at some point. The thing that tempts me the most though is that Cuben Laavu! Not sure I could justify it with having a Supermid, but I would love to see more photos and reviews of it!

The metalic Xpac also looks interesting, although if you had a pack or shelter made out of it, it wouldn't be very stealth!

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

I wasn't really talking about exchange rates and/or shipping. I was just talking price in general.

John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

Great looking packs, so best of luck to LAUFBURSCHE!!
    If I wasn't having a 'no buying gear year' I would be all over a custom Xpack chen for sure.
    Re price- you get what you pay for, and these scream quality and look like they would last a long time.
    Cheers,
    Fred

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools