Topic

Titanium hardware cloth?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Titanium hardware cloth?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

I know there is such a thing as titanium hardware cloth, but does anyone have a source for reasonably priced small amounts? Sure would like to get my hands on some for DIY pot support projects. Maybe we should get a group buy going?

M

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

search for wire cloth, or titanium wire cloth. it exists, but its expensive and hard to buy in small quantities. I recommend considering thin guage stainless or carbon steel wire cloth instead. volumes for the kind of projects I'm speculating you're wanting this for make the weight savings of ti marginal.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

About a hundred bucks per square foot at McMaster-Carr. A lucky person might find some at a surplus place for less, who knows?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-mesh/=g1ekb1

Cheers,

Rick

James Crowley

@jimcro55

Mcmaster is usually not a great source when it comes to expensive materials like this one:

Try a company that actually makes the manufacturer and you may get a better price and a better product:

http://www.bwire.com/

http://wirecloth.bwire.com/viewitems/woven-wire-cloth/titanium-wire-cloth?

UNS # – R50550

A strong, low-density, highly corrosion-resistant, lustrous white metallic element that is used to alloy aircraft metals for low weight, strength, and high-temperature stability

Chemical Composition:
    C – 0.10%
    Fe – 0.30%
    H – 0.015%
    N – 0.05%
    O – 0.35%
    Ti – Rem.
    Other each – 0.1 Total 0.04 max

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Ti wire mesh?
    Blimey!

Cheers

Jack Hoster

@orlandohanger

Ti Mesh!

Holy hi tech Batman!

Mia Won

@miawon

Nice to meet you.My name is Mia.I am the rare metal wire mesh manufacturer from China.Our main products are pure Titanium wire mesh,nickel wire mesh,tungsten wire mesh,molybdenum wire mesh,tantalum wire mesh,zirconium wire mesh,silver wire mesh,copper wire mesh,monel wire mesh(nickel copper wire mesh),inconel wire mesh(nickel chromium wire mesh),hastelloy wire mesh,electrode mesh,battery mesh,stainless steel wire mesh.The MOQ is 2 square meter.
    Email:[email protected]
    TEL:86-15297678852
    Web:http://www.taiwang-mesh.com
    titanium wire mesh,titanium wire netting,titanium wire colth,titanium mesh screen
    Material:pure titanium wire
    width:<=1.6m
    Wire Dia.:0.03-4.0mm
    Titanium mesh:2mesh–250mesh
    Usuing:petrochemical industry,medical,aerospace,euipment,aviation ect.
    Quality:Acid and alkali resistant,high temperature resistant,decoration is strong,wear resistance.Filtering stable performance.
    Flatness:The area is >=96% between the products and glass surface.

I would normally delete such a posting as spam. However, I am going to leave this one here in case someone actually needs Ti mesh or similar.
    However, NO further postings of this nature will be permitted here.

Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    Backpacking Light

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools