Topic

1st M(od)YOG project

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 1st M(od)YOG project

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Britner

@ant89

Locale: North Wales, UK

I began by taking an old pack that I don't use anymore and cut off the sides and the lid to get this (origanal pack size was 40litre)
    to begin
    The pack body is replaced by a drybag, in this case an 80litre pack liner for easy packing, as shown here
    full
    Note, I don't actually carry that much stuff, just using a liner that size to make packing easier.

Weight is approx 1.8kg down from approx 2.5kg so not exactly as light as some of your packs, and I've converted the lid to a detachable front pocket, which can either be used for things that easy access is required to or for crampons. I've left the bladder pouch in place but will probably replace that with some vecro, Not sure if I can reduce weight any more than this though without making comprimises. I don't want to remove the bottom compression straps for obvious reasons, nor do I want to remove the mesh side pockets or bottom compartment fabric as I'll be using them for bottles and wet gear respectively.
    Front view
    front

Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

Hey thats a pretty cool pack you came up with. I also like to mod my old gear rather than trash it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools