Topic

WM Megalite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) WM Megalite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Warner

@sam-1

Does this bag run true to size? I am looking at purchasing this for my hubby. I read a reader review on this bag (not here) and the guy was 6ft. 200lb. and he said the bag was to tight! Any info would be great.

Thanks Sam

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

…for a mummy bag. My long model has a 64-inch interior girth — compare that to the 58 or 59-inch girth of some traditional mummy bags, and it's plenty big enough for me (6-2, 210). I have enough room for my down jacket to loft up inside the bag to extend the temperature range, too.

Some folks are just uncomfortable in any mummy style bag, which might account for the report you saw. Also, in my experience, WM bags might be a little shorter than expected. A 6-footer should have the Long bag IMO, even though the WM sizing chart says that the regular bag is enough. (My spouse, at 5-4, should fit in a Short bag, but it was far too small, and she got the Regular Ultralite.)

I traded two down bags for the Megalite a couple of years ago, and I've been very happy with it. In the summer I can drape it over me as a quilt (thanks to the full-length zipper), and in winter I can wear down booties, my down jacket, and fleece pants, and be comfortable into the mid-teens.

Scott Toraason

@kimot2

I like the Megalite for the width in the shoulders. Even though Iā€™m just less than six feet and weigh under 170 pounds, I hate feeling trapped through that area and 64 inches is the ticket plus as the previous post stated I can extend the bag in the spring with my lighter weight down jackets.

PS I went with the long 6 foot 6 inches

Sandra Warner

@sam-1

Thanks for the info! I went ahead and purchased the bag being sold in the gear swap forum. My hubby is just under 6ft. and 205lb. so thats why I was wondering on sizing. I think he will be happy with it. Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools